Tuesday 27 January 2015

GoBe - A New Gadget To Help Me Lose Weight

I am so excited, just ordered myself a new toy! Well, it isn't a toy at all actually, it's a very high-tech gadget which I am hoping will help me continue to lose weight and sail past my goals! So how will it do that? Firstly, it is an activity tracker so I am hoping it will motivate me to do more exercise, as I had one in the past and it definitely helped. But most importantly, it counts calories. And I don't mean you tell it what you have eaten and it adds it all up, this clever little wristband doesn't need you to do that, it can actually measure the calories you have eaten using skin sensors! I won't go too deep in to the science of it in this post, but basically it uses sensors like the ones on a body fat monitor to measure changes in the amount of water in your cells, and can use this to work out how many calories you have consumed. With no way of cheating or accidentally forgetting to record that biscuit here and latte there, I am hoping this tracker will give me the awareness and information I need to speed up my weight loss. Fingers firmly crossed! I will keep updating how I am getting on, I hope it arrives soon as I am actually quite excited!

(If you want to read more about it, the website is www.healbe.com.)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment