Friday 6 February 2015

A Healthy But Disappointing Day

I have been trying really hard to lower my cortisol and insulin levels through diet and lifestyle, as I am convinced this is why I have lost weight so unevenly (My top half is loads smaller than the bottom now!). I have been sticking to it really well, and I think it seems to be working.

The main strategies I am following are to keep my blood sugar even (and therefore keep insulin levels lower) by eating more protein and slow-release carbohydrates. I am also including lots of oats as these are especially helpful, as are nuts and cinnamon. Blueberries are also on my list.

To keep my cortisol levels lower, I have been trying to relax and keep stress down. I have been listening to guided meditations and doing progressive relaxation, as well as spending a few quiet moments breathing deeply whenever I remember. Regular exercise is also good (although I have to confess I have not been great on this side yet).

Finally, lots of water, juicy fruit and vegetables and potassium-rich foods such as coconut water and bananas are helping to reduce the water retention that is a side effect of my medication. All is food!

So why was it a disappointing day? Because I found out my Healbe Gobe will not arrive until March. I am sooooo disappointed, I have been hoping it will just turn up out of the blue and watching for a parcel van every day, it has kind of kept me going when I have been feeling low. Hopefully it will come soon enough to be helpful with my weight loss, I am worried I might hit another plateau again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment